Saturday, April 16, 2011

Christmas in April! : )

No, we are not just now celebrating Christmas...we did it in December just like everyone else, only I am just that far behind in blogging! Terrible I know! :) Life has been busy and seemingly full of sickness for our family. Here I am, better late than never right! Christmas was so fun in our new home this year, it really makes you get creative in a new way when you have never decorated a space before...I really enjoyed it! A dream of mine has always be to have a ginormous Christmas tree...well with our new vaulted ceilings my wish came true! It may have been the biggest tree I have ever seen, but I swear it did not look as big on the lot! :) Isn't that always the case? My husband was such a trooper, him and I could barely get the thing inside ourselves...its was 14ft tall and seemed 14 ft wide too! We laughed our heads off and made great memories together, and yes we finally got the tree inside and in place! :)

Here is our tree! We had to literally trim almost the entire back half of the tree off so it would fit up against the windows without taking up more than half our living room!

Next the daunting task of putting the lights on! My family always laughs at me and my light putting on technique...but I don't know how to do it any other way! The issue? I put over 4,000 lights on this tree...it just doesn't look right with less! Hubby got the tippy top started for me and I did the rest, :) I am a chicken when it comes to ladders!

My best little helper wanted to help too of course!

Finished!

This is just a cute picture of my favorite girl :) She didn't quite understand the concept of putting the ornaments on the tree and leaving them there, she really just wanted to play with them all!

So the other room that got some Christmas cheer this year was my blue kitchen! Decided to go with a more fun theme in there! Started with some beautiful ribbon and went from there!

Thats it! Hope you liked my very late peek at our Christmas! :) It will be here again before we know it! And yes, I think I will have another HUGE tree!!

No comments:

Post a Comment