Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Lola Goes to the Movies!

Last week William & I took Lola to see her very first movie in the theatre! We had been talking about taking her for a while now, life has just been so crazy lately that it was hard to settle on a day that would work, but we finally did it!
We have been reading the book "Curious George Goes to the Movies" for months now and she always has the same response at the end, (and you need to say this quote in your saddest 3 year old voice possible...) "I wish I could go to the movies and eat lots of popcorn... :( " I told her the night before we went that we had a surprise for her the next day and she was so excited- my girl loves surprises! The next day we got all ready to go and when William got home from work we loaded up and took Logan over to my Mom's house. Lola of course asked what her surprise was and I took out the Curious George book and gave it to her, she knew right away we were going to see a movie! She then proclaimed all the way to the theatre that this was the best surprise ever! : ) It was fun to see her so super happy! Now that we have two kids it was special to be able to spend some one on one time again with Lola, she sure is growing up! We took her to see The Lorax, such a good movie! It was not scary which made it the perfect first movie choice! Here are some pictures from our night, we had such a great time!

She walked right up and handed him her ticket!

Normally we do not buy snacks at the theatre, but Lola was so excited about the ginormous bucket of popcorn that there was really no way around it :)

Her favorite, she calls them M's :)




It's official, she loves popcorn!

Such a fun Daddy, Mommy, & Lola date! I think she has asked me every single day since when we can go again, and also for more popcorn! Her mind will be blown the day she finds out I can make popcorn here at home! : )

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is too cute!!! What a fun time. So glad you brought the camera along to capture her first trip to the movies. And--she is getting so big. How did that happen?

    ReplyDelete